Industrial Hygiene, Sr. Project Manager
VERTEX is looking for a dynamic, energetic individual to join our Chicago, Illinois team as a Sr. Project Manager. VERTEX is a growing, multi-national consulting firm that is looking to augment our team of talented individuals.
The candidate should be capable of understanding, investigating, documenting and monitoring complex Mold, IAQ, and Asbestos pollution events across the country, and will provide oversight and technical support on a variety of projects. More specific details are described below.
The ability to operate within fast-paced schedules and tight deadlines on multiple projects is necessary. Successful candidates will be able to collaborate with senior staff, manage teams, and interact with clients handling environmental matters. An understanding of pollution legal liability, commercial pollution liability and environmental impairment liability insurance is preferred.
Sr. Project Manager
- Oversee and manage technically complex loss control projects and mold, IAQ and asbestos claims management
- Oversee, manage, and perform Asbestos projects (inspections, design and monitoring) and IAQ, mold and Industrial hygiene projects
- Analyze laboratory and engineering data
- Collaborate on regulatory and summary reports for senior review
- Represent VERTEX to clients in a professional manner
- State of Illinois Asbestos inspector, monitoring and designer licenses
- Moderate travel and/or field work (valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle required)
- Able to communicate effectively (written and verbal) with co-workers, clients and subcontractors
- Able to coach and mentor junior staff on technically complex projects in a fast paced environment
- Able to meet deadlines, both internally and externally
- Other project duties as assigned by senior management
- Bachelor’s degree in microbiology, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, or related environmental field, Supplemental degrees / certifications welcomed
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in technical activities directly related to Mold/IAQ Assessment activities, including report writing and field investigation
Knowledge & Skills
- Must be able to perform complex tasks and handle multiple priorities, and have the ability to perform exceptionally under fast paced conditions
- Able to integrate / manage Environmental Loss Scenarios on a National stage
- Proficient in computer operations and standard software packages (word processing, spreadsheets, Adobe)
- Proficiency or working knowledge of CAD a plus
- Position requires Health & Safety Certification pursuant to OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120 (HAZWOPER 40 Hour)
- OSHA 10 or 30-Hour training is required, training provided if necessary
- Walk job sites during inspections, sometimes on uneven terrain in adverse weather conditions
- Carry field testing equipment (up to 30 pounds) onto job sites with regularity
- CMC, CIE, CIEC, CIH preferred
Please send your resume to email@example.com for consideration.