The Vertex Companies—is seeking a CAD Operator in our Denver, Colorado office. The position requires responsibilities for preparing structural engineering drawings under the supervision and direction of a structural engineer. The Vertex Companies solutions span the globe and support a full range of building projects.
The CAD operator will be expected to perform a variety of tasks that support the overall goals of the company. Day to day activities include but are not limited to:
- Provide expertise in preparing structural construction drawings in AutoCAD and Revit.
- Maintain project drawing files for the project to which they are assigned.
- Work closely with the project engineers in preparing all required professional documents that are needed to carry out and complete a project.
- When requested interact with the client project architect or CAD operator by phone or email.
- Accompany project engineers on sites to record as-built conditions on remodel projects.
- Make employee safety a priority both in-house and on-site, in accordance with corporate policy.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Associates degree in CAD Drafting preferred
- Minimum of four years’ experience as a Structural CAD Operator
Knowledge & Skills:
- Adequate knowledge of interpreting engineering plans
- Must be able to perform complex tasks and handle multiple priorities, and have the ability to perform exceptionally under high stress conditions.
- Willing to work overtime when required to meet internal and external project deadlines.
- Knowledge of computer operations and standard software packages.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and Revit is required.
- Able to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
- Able to walk on sloped roofs.
- Able to work in small spaces (attics, crawl spaces).
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.