The Vertex Companies, Inc. is looking for a talented, entrepreneurial Certified Safety Professional professional who welcomes challenge to join our Loss Control team. The ideal candidate would have a certified safety professional designation, experience with commercial building construction, and an understanding of loss control practices. The candidates skills would primarily be applied to help prevent and manage loss control at multiple construction projects (both in planning stages and ongoing). The candidate would enjoy the challenge of working on some of the most exciting new construction currently in progress across the US and Hawaii, as well as the challenge of working with VERTEX staff in a variety of capacities.
Provide Health and Safety Plan and Hurricane Preparedness review and analyses for multiple builders / constructors and subcontractors across the country; conduct timely and detailed on site Health and Safety reviews (as well as premises security analyses); Manage workflow and prepare investigative reports and findings to senior management and clients, primarily insurance companies. Client satisfaction is essential.
- Use knowledge of construction scheduling, sequences, and general practices to assist in identifying potential loss control issues for large-scale construction projects nationwide.
- Coordinate with other VERTEX engineers/architects in the preparation of technical reports for clients.
- Be able to discuss health and safety; workplace exposure; and liability concepts with clients.
- Maintain client relationships, managing/tracking incoming assignments, satisfying client requests.
- Perform inspections and write reports for various services provided by VERTEX.
- Implement and track safety protocols and on site concerns.
- Represent VERTEX to clients in a professional manner.
- Construction management experience related to a variety of building types/sizes; possess knowledge of construction scheduling, sequences, and general practices.
- Knowledge of ‘OCIP / CCIP’ property loss control and experienced in performing property field surveys of commercial and light to medium hazard industrial occupancies. Able to communicate effectively (written and verbal) with co-workers, clients and contractors.
- Travel and/or field work may be required (valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle required).
- Must be available for overnight travel for meetings and duties associated performing on-site inspections.
- Able to work with minimal oversight, but take direction effectively from managers
- Able to meet deadlines, both internally and externally driven
- Other project duties as assigned by senior staffEducation
- Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in Risk Management, Industrial Hygiene; Process Controls Construction Management, Engineering, Sciences, Architecture or similar
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) designation
- 5+ years of health and safety / construction management services, variety of project types helpful.
- Knowledge & Skills
- Must be able to perform complex tasks and handle multiple priorities, and have the ability to perform exceptionally under high stress conditions
- Proficient in computer operations and standard software packages (word processing, spreadsheets, Adobe)
- Effective communicator, verbal and written
- Efficient, well-organized and positive attitude when approached with challenges and realities of construction management and consulting.
- OSHA-10, 30, 1910.120 40 hr. certification preferable
- Walk job sites during inspections, sometimes on uneven terrain, and able to climb ladders
- Carry construction tools and equipment (up to 30 pounds) onto job sites with regularity
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.