VERTEX is looking for a talented, entrepreneurial professional who welcomes challenge to join our Construction Consulting team in Weymouth, MA. The candidate will enjoy the challenge of working on multiple projects and working with junior and senior staff, as well as gaining valuable, real-world experience. More specific details are described below.
- After training, take ownership of production of responses to Requests for Qualification for Owner’s Project Management (OPM) opportunities
- Review weekly trade publications to identify opportunities that should be pursued for public OPM projects
- Completing proposals for private OPM clients in accordance with established formats (if current clients in other verticals)
It is our goal that this position develop into a field oversight role as well over time. This would result in the following additional Core Responsibilities:
- Effective management of select assignments within the region; meeting budget and delivery timeframes; ensuring client satisfaction
- Ensuring that assignments are executed with technical proficiency, accuracy, and professionalism
- Monitoring of construction projects
- Review and interpret construction drawings, specifications, and contract documents.
- Monitor and assess construction performance and record construction activities to ensure compliance with construction documents
- Investigate and analyze performance and payment bond claims
- Analyze project documents relating to defect and warranty claims
- Site investigations and assist in preparation of technical reports with photos and graphics and claim synopses
- Assist with preparation of detailed reports auditing construction projects
- Assist in project schedule creation, management and analysis
- Inspect properties and buildings
- Review and interpret building code
- Assist with quantity takeoffs and cost estimating
- Assist with file setup and filing
- Make employee safety a priority both in-house and on-site, in accordance with corporate policy
- Represent VERTEX to clients in a professional manner
- Travel and/or field work may be required
- Able to communicate effectively (written and verbal) with co-workers, clients, and contractors
- Able to work with minimal oversight, but take direction effectively from managers
- Able to meet deadlines, both internally and externally driven
- Other project duties as assigned by senior staff
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Architecture, or Construction Management preferred
- EIT certification preferred
- 2 – 4 years experience. Internships or prior work experience a plus.
- Construction experience a plus.
- Candidates should be familiar with interpreting construction drawings, specifications, contracts, estimating and take-offs, and as-built drawings.
- Work in a consultant setting. Track your time and monitor activities against a budget.
Knowledge & Skills
- Must be able to perform complex tasks and handle multiple priorities, and have the ability to perform exceptionally under high stress conditions
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Efficient, well-organized and positive attitude when approached with challenges and realities of construction management and consulting
- Requires excellent technology, computer, and document management proficiencies.
- Proficiency or working knowledge of Primavera Contract Management a plus
- Proficiency or working knowledge of Primavera P6 a plus
- Proficiency or working knowledge of CAD a plus
- Estimating skills are a plus
- OSHA-10 or -30 certification preferred, but not required
- CDT certification a plus
- Walk job sites during inspections, sometimes on uneven terrain
- Carry construction tools and equipment (up to 30 pounds) onto job sites
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.