The Construction Project Manager we are looking for will be responsible for overseeing a wide variety of tasks in our Construction Consulting division, including but not limited to: surety claim investigations and management of project completion for surety clients. Additional tasks would include: project management as owner’s representative / owner’s project manager, damage assessments, construction defect investigation, contract claim analysis and reporting, cost estimating, litigation support, property condition assessments, and acting as an expert witness in construction-related matters.
Provide management and review for multiple projects and consulting engagements; provide assistance and support to the Division Manager and team staff. Project Managers are responsible for delivering outstanding professional services within their geographical realm and skill-set. Client satisfaction is essential.
- Effective management of select assignments; meeting budget and delivery timeframes; ensuring client satisfaction.
- Ensuring that assignments are executed with technical proficiency, accuracy, and professionalism.
- Providing support to other regions in the event of a natural disaster.
- Developing technical specialization and expertise that benefits the company and broadens our service offerings.
- Timely review and processing of client deliverables.
- Timely submission of time and expenses on a weekly basis.
- Make employee safety a priority both in-house and on-site, in accordance with corporate policy
- Travel as required to fulfill position and project responsibilities.
- Able to demonstrate experience in the management of construction designs, budgets and schedules.
- Experience in delivery of projects on-time and on-budget.
- Able to communicate effectively (written and verbal) with superiors, co-workers, clients and subcontractors
- Able to provide oversight and direction to junior staff
- Other duties as assigned by Division Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical, construction-related field (i.e.: architecture, construction management, engineering).
- A license in at least one state within his/her geographic region is preferred, but not required.
- Proven track record of Project Management
- Prefer a minimum of five to seven years of experience in construction activities directly related to claim management and investigation.
- Ability to buyout projects, formulate contract agreements, analyze and interpret project cost controls, direct subcontractor work and perform risk analysis.
Knowledge & Skills
- Must be able to perform complex tasks and handle multiple priorities, and have the ability to perform exceptionally under high stress conditions.
- Knowledge of computer operations and standard software packages (word processing, spreadsheets, Adobe) required.
- Advanced degree or certification not required but beneficial.
- Understanding of CPM scheduling. A basic knowledge of Microsoft Project is preferred and knowledge of Primavera is a plus.
- OSHA-10 or -30 certification preferred
- Industry accepted roof inspection certification is preferred.
- Able to carry and operate a 24-foot extension ladder unassisted
- Able to walk on sloped roofs
- Able to work in small spaces (attics, crawl spaces)
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.