VERTEX is looking for dynamic, energetic individuals who welcome the challenge of leading our Remediation team in the San Francisco Area. VERTEX is a rapidly growing, multi-national consulting firm that is experiencing exponential growth, and we’re looking to augment our team of talented individuals.
The Division Manager we are looking for will enjoy the challenge of working on multiple projects on a fast-paced schedule, working with senior staff to assess sites across the country, and providing field oversight on a variety of projects. More specific details are described below.
- Represent VERTEX to the client in a professional manner
- Lead business development efforts for the division by expanding services with existing and new clients
- Develop and coordinate scheduling of project work and deliverables for the division
- Provide project/task management and technical support for multiple projects
- Provide direction to division staff in completion of the above
- Manage projects within budget and client billing
- Conduct performance reviews for division staff
- Oversee training and ongoing professional development for junior-level division staff in accordance with corporate policy and procedures
- Make employee safety a priority both in-house and on-site, in accordance with corporate policy
- Prepare, provide senior review, and/or submit final reports.
- Experience in the management and execution of Phase I Environmental Site Assessments, Phase II Subsurface Investigations, and environmental remediation projects.
- Demonstrated working relationship with the local Regional Water Quality Control Boards and Department of Toxic Substances Control offices
- Experience with the San Francisco Department of Public Health regulations including the Maher Ordinance
- Versatility to navigate regulatory requirements in a multitude of state and federal programs
- Able to communicate effectively (written and verbal) with co-workers, clients and subcontractors
- Able to work with minimal oversight, but take direction from Senior managers
- Track time from staff (weekly timesheet management)
- Train new staff as needed
- Other project duties as assigned by senior staff
- Provide oversight, direction, and mentoring to junior staff
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical, environmental-related field (i.e.: Geology, Environmental Science, Hydrogeology, Environmental Engineering, etc.)
- Minimum of 15 years experience in technical and project management activities directly related to environmental assessment and remediation activities, including report writing and field investigation, and a proven track record of sales and marketing
- Proven track record of Business Development
Knowledge & Skills
- Must be able to perform complex tasks and handle multiple priorities, and have the ability to perform exceptionally under high stress conditions.
- Knowledge of computer operations and standard software packages (word processing, spreadsheets, Adobe) required.
- Position requires Health & Safety Certification pursuant to OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120 (HAZWOPER 40 Hour), training provided if necessary
- OSHA-10 or -30 certification required, training provided if necessary
- Professional Engineer or Geologist registration (or ability to obtain licensure) in California preferred
- Walk job sites during inspections, sometimes on uneven terrain
- Carry field testing equipment (up to 30 pounds) onto job sites
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.