VERTEX is looking for dynamic, energetic individuals who welcome the challenge of joining the VERTEX team in our Branchburg, New Jersey office. VERTEX is a rapidly growing, multi-national consulting firm that is experiencing exponential growth, and we’re looking to augment our team of talented individuals! Do you enjoy travelling, meeting new people and gaining varied and valuable career experience? Do you enjoy using a wide variety of technological resources to meet and exceed client goals and expectations as well as improve inter-office efficiency? Are you looking for a fast-paced atmosphere, dedicated to exceeding client expectations of excellence? Are you looking for a company that believes in promoting from within, and the only limitation is defined by you? If so, this is the right opportunity for you!
The staff-level individuals we are looking for will enjoy the challenge of working on multiple projects on a fast-paced schedule, working with senior staff to assess sites across the country, and providing field oversight on a variety of projects. More specific details are described below.
- Conduct Phase I Environmental Site Assessments
- Conduct/Direct field investigation activities
- Collect soil, groundwater, and indoor air samples
- Analyze laboratory and engineering data
- Write regulatory and summary reports for senior review
- Represent VERTEX to the client in a professional manner
- Schedule and coordinate subcontractor activities for projects
- Prepare and implement Health and Safety Plans for sites where required
- Make employee safety a priority both in-house and on-site, in accordance with corporate policy
- Experience in the execution of Phase I Environmental Site Assessments, Phase II Subsurface Investigations, and remediation
- Frequent travel and/or field work (valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle required)
- Able to communicate effectively (written and verbal) with co-workers, clients and subcontractors
- Able to work with minimal oversight, but take direction from Senior managers
- Able to meet deadlines, both internally and externally
- Other project duties as assigned by senior staff
- Experience with Property Condition Assessments (PCAs) is a plus!
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Engineering, Geology, Environmental Science, or related environmental field
- Minimum of two to five years’ experience in technical activities directly related to Environmental Assessment activities, including report writing and field investigation
Knowledge & Skills
- Must be able to perform complex tasks and handle multiple priorities, and have the ability to perform exceptionally under high stress conditions.
- Knowledge of computer operations and standard software packages (word processing, spreadsheets, Adobe) required.
- Proficiency or working knowledge of CAD a plus.
- Position requires Health & Safety Certification pursuant to OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120 (HAZWOPER 40 Hour) (Training provided if necessary)
- Position requires OSHA 10 (Training provided if necessary)
- Walk job sites during inspections, sometimes on uneven terrain
- Carry field testing equipment (up to 30 pounds) onto job sites with regularity
Please send your resume to email@example.com for consideration.