VERTEX is looking for a dynamic, energetic individual to join our team as a Project Manager.
The candidate should be capable of understanding, investigating, documenting and monitoring complex environmental pollution events across the country, and will provide oversight and technical support on a variety of projects. More specific details are described below.
The ability to operate within fast-paced schedules and tight deadlines on multiple projects is necessary. Successful candidates will be able to collaborate with senior staff, manage teams, and interact with clients handling environmental matters. An understanding of pollution legal liability, commercial pollution liability and environmental impairment liability insurance is preferred.
- Oversee and manage technically complex loss control projects and environmental claims management
- Analyze laboratory and engineering data
- Collaborate on regulatory and summary reports for senior review
- Represent VERTEX to clients in a professional manner
- Moderate travel and/or field work (valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle required)
- Able to communicate effectively (written and verbal) with co-workers, clients and subcontractors
- Able to work with Sr. Managers to address technically complex projects in a fast paced environment
- Able to meet deadlines, both internally and externally
- Other project duties as assigned by senior staff
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Engineering, Geology, Environmental Science, or related environmental field, Supplemental degrees / certifications welcomed
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in technical activities directly related to Environmental Assessment activities, including report writing and field investigation.
Knowledge & Skills
- Must be able to perform complex tasks and handle multiple priorities, and have the ability to perform exceptionally under fast paced conditions.
- Able to integrate / manage Environmental Loss Scenarios on a National stage.
Please send your resume to email@example.com for consideration.