VERTEX is looking for a talented, entrepreneurial professional who welcomes challenge to join our growing team in Chicago, IL. The candidate will enjoy the challenge of working on multiple projects and working with junior and senior staff, as well as gaining valuable, real-world experience. More specific details are described below.
VERTEX is an industry leader in the surety claims consulting and completion contracting marketplace. We work with many contract surety providers throughout our domestic and international offices.
- Effective management of select assignments within the region; meeting budget and delivery timeframes; ensuring client satisfaction
- Ensuring that assignments are executed with technical proficiency, accuracy, and professionalism
- Monitoring of construction projects
- Review and interpret construction drawings, specifications, and contract documents.
- Monitor and assess construction performance and record construction activities to ensure compliance with construction documents
- Investigate and analyze performance and payment bond claims
- Analyze project documents relating to defect and warranty claims
- Site investigations and assist in preparation of technical reports with photos and graphics and claim synopses
- Assist with preparation of detailed reports auditing construction projects
- Assist in project schedule creation, management and analysis
- Inspect properties and buildings
- Review and interpret building code
- Assist with quantity takeoffs and cost estimating
- Assist with file setup and filing
- Make employee safety a priority both in-house and on-site, in accordance with corporate policy
- Represent VERTEX to clients in a professional manner
- Schedule site visits, including travel
- Able to communicate effectively (written and verbal) with co-workers, clients, and contractors
- Able to work with minimal oversight, but take direction effectively from managers
- Able to meet deadlines, both internally and externally driven
- Other project duties as assigned by senior staff
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Architecture, or Construction Management preferred
- EIT certification preferred
- 2 – 4 years of experience
- Internships or prior work experience a plus
- Construction experience a plus
- Candidates should be familiar with interpreting construction drawings, specifications, contracts, estimating and take-offs, and as-built drawings.
- Work in a consultant setting. Track your time and monitor activities against a budget.
Knowledge & Skills
- Must be able to perform complex tasks and handle multiple priorities, and have the ability to perform exceptionally under high stress conditions
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Efficient, well-organized and positive attitude when approached with challenges and realities of construction management and consulting
- Requires excellent technology, computer, and document management proficiencies.
- Proficiency or working knowledge of Primavera Contract Management a plus
- Proficiency or working knowledge of Primavera P6 a plus
- Proficiency or working knowledge of CAD a plus
- Estimating skills are a plus
- Proficiency with Excel
- OSHA-10 or -30 certification preferred, but not required
- CDT certification a plus
- Walk job sites during inspections, sometimes on uneven terrain
- Carry construction tools and equipment (up to 30 pounds) onto job sites
- Position may require travel
Please send your resume to email@example.com for consideration.