VERTEX is looking for a dynamic, energetic Construction Estimator who welcomes the challenge of joining our team in Irving, Texas. VERTEX is a rapidly growing, multi-national construction management and consulting firm that is experiencing exponential growth, and we’re looking to augment our team of talented individuals! Do you enjoy using a wide variety of technological resources to meet and exceed client goals and expectations as well as improve inter-office efficiency? Are you looking for a fast-paced atmosphere dedicated to exceeding client expectations of excellence? Are you looking for a company that believes in promoting from within, and the only limitation is defined by you? If so, this is the right opportunity for you!
The Construction Estimator / Project Manager for Tenant Improvement and Restoration we are looking for will enjoy the challenge of working on multiple projects, and providing support to Construction Services personnel, from junior staff to Senior Managers.
- Review and interpret plans and specifications
- Attend job walks to assess site conditions and formulate questions
- Solicit proposals from subcontractors for defined scopes of work
- Perform detailed quantity takeoffs and utilize historical pricing databases
- Provide a thorough cost estimate that is compliant with applicable building codes and industry standards
- Maintain and update cost estimating database
- Minimum 2 years in estimating position in the construction industry
- Understanding of both contract and design documents
- Energetic about taking on new tasks
- Able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks with minimal oversight
- Attire that represents the company’s professional image on a daily basis
- Candidates should be familiar with interpreting construction drawings, specifications, contracts, estimating and take-offs, and as-built drawings.
- Work in a consultant setting
- Minimum of five years of experience in a Tenant Improvement/Restoration construction estimating environment
Knowledge & Skills
- Must be able to perform multiple tasks and handle multiple priorities, and have the ability to perform exceptionally under high stress conditions
- Knowledge of computer operations and standard software packages
- Proficiency of the Microsoft Office suite
- OSHA-10 or -30 certification preferred, but not required
- CDT certification a plus
- Walk job sites during inspections, sometimes on uneven terrain
- Carry construction tools and equipment (up to 30 pounds) onto job sites
- Travel and/or field work may be required – including valid Driver License in good standing and reliable transportation
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.