The Vertex Companies, Inc. is actively seeking a creative, highly talented Sr. Construction Consultant for immediate employment. The appropriately qualified applicant will be able to demonstrate an established career preparing cost of repair estimates for construction defect matters and analyzing construction claims for a variety of project types. The candidate will enjoy the challenge of working on a multitude of projects and utilizing his/her abilities in an applied manner. More specific details are described below.
Sr. Construction Consultant – Damages and Claims
• Provide expert analysis of opposing construction cost of repair estimates
• Ability to prepare estimates, both scope of work and cost, from technical reports in a litigated environment
• Prepare technical reports with photos, graphics, schedules and claim synopses
• Prepare and update construction schedules for a variety of project types
• Provide expert testimony when necessary in deposition, mediation, arbitration or trial settings
• Follow Safety Protocols
• Represent Vertex to clients in a professional manner
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to those stated above.
• Advanced knowledge of construction estimating standard practices
• Experience in preparing and defending construction claims
• Familiarity with the execution of restoration work
• Travel and/or field work may be required (valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle required)
• Able to communicate effectively (written and verbal) with co-workers, clients and subcontractors
• Able to prepare technical expert reports
• Able to work with minimal oversight, but take direction effectively from managers
• Able to meet deadlines, both internally and externally driven
• Ability to sell Vertex services within the office region and grow this vertical
• Build and lead support team
• Other project duties as assigned by senior staff
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Sciences, Architecture or Construction Management required
• Minimum 5 years experience in the cost estimating and/or claim field as a consultant is required.
• Expert Testimony experience is highly desired.
• Previous experience in leading a team and business development efforts.
• Work in a consultant setting. Track your time and monitor activities against a budget.
• Candidates should be familiar with interpreting plan sets, estimating and take-offs, and as-builts.
• Requires excellent technology, computer and document management proficiencies.
• Certification as Professional Engineer, Certified Professional Estimator (or equivalent), familiarity with Xactimate, RS Means and Electronic Takeoff Software is preferred.
Knowledge & Skills
• Must be able to perform complex tasks and handle multiple priorities, and have the ability to perform exceptionally under high stress conditions
• Proficient in computer operations and standard software packages (word processing, spreadsheets, Adobe)
• Effective communicator, verbal and written
• Efficient, well-organized and positive attitude when approached with challenges and realities of construction management and consulting.
• Estimating skills are a plus
• OSHA-10 or -30 certification preferred
• Walk job sites during inspections, sometimes on uneven terrain
• Carry construction tools and equipment (up to 30 pounds) onto job sites with regularity
Please send your resume to email@example.com for consideration.