The Senior Project Manager we are looking for will be responsible for overseeing a wide variety of tasks, however the focus will be on the development of our Owner’s Project Management services for private owners. However, given VERTEX’s diverse offerings, the Sr. Project Manager could also be called upon to support other activities including but not limited to: surety consulting, claim investigation, damage assessments, construction defect investigation, catastrophe response, estimating, litigation support, and property condition assessments. In addition, the individual must be proficient in construction and project management.
More specific details are described below.
Senior Project Manager
Provide management and review for multiple projects; provide assistance and support to the Vice President and team staff. This position reports to the Division Manager and is responsible for delivering outstanding professional services within his geographical realm and skill-set. Client satisfaction is essential.
- Develop private clients in the Owner’s Project Management vertical.
- Effective cross-selling of other company verticals.
- Effective management of select assignments within the region and across the country; meeting budget and delivery timeframes; ensuring client satisfaction.
- Ensuring that assignments are executed with technical proficiency, accuracy, and professionalism.
- Participating in business development ventures and presentations, including regular contact with existing and prospective clients in the region.
- Timely review and processing of client deliverables.
- Timely submission of time and expenses on a weekly basis.
- Make employee safety a priority both in-house and on-site, in accordance with corporate policy.
- Seek opportunities to expand client services with existing and new clients as part of ongoing business development.
- Able to manage both business development opportunities and project management tasks concurrently, i.e. “being a seller-doer.”
- Able to demonstrate experience in the management of construction designs, budgets and schedules.
- Sell projects with appropriate billing rate.
- Experience in delivery of projects on-time and on-budget.
- Experience in the management and execution of commercial and residential property damage claim investigations.
- Able to communicate effectively (written and verbal) with superiors, co-workers, clients and subcontractors.
- Substantial travel should be expected, as work location is governed by availability, talent and work load.
- Able to provide oversight and direction to junior staff.
- Other duties as assigned by Division Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical, construction-related field (i.e.: architecture, construction management, engineering) with a license in at least one state within his/her geographic region.
- Prefer a minimum of five to seven years’ experience in construction activities directly related to claim management and investigation.
- Proven track record of Project Management.
- Business Development acumen.
Knowledge & Skills
- Must be able to perform complex tasks and handle multiple priorities, and have the ability to perform exceptionally under high stress conditions.
- Knowledge of computer operations and standard software packages (word processing, spreadsheets, Adobe) required.
- Advanced degree or certification not required but beneficial.
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Understanding of CPM scheduling.
- A basic knowledge of Microsoft Project is preferred.
- Knowledge of Primavera is a positive.
- OSHA-10 or -30 certification preferred.
- Industry accepted roof inspection certification is preferred.
- Extended travel is not anticipated but could be required during times of extraordinary or catastrophic events.
- Able to carry and operate a 24-foot extension ladder unassisted.
- Able to walk on sloped roofs.
- Able to work in small spaces (attics, crawl spaces).
- Travel and/or field work may be required – including valid Driver License in good standing and reliable transportation.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.