The Vertex Companies—is seeking a Structural Engineer in our Long Island City, New York office. The position requires responsibilities for performing structural design engineering. The Vertex Companies solutions span the globe and support a full range of building projects.
Structural Design Engineer:
The Structural Engineer will be expected to perform a variety of tasks that support the overall goals of the company. Day to day activities include but are not limited to:
- Carry out structural engineering design of architectural, site, and civil
- Prepare and review engineering plans, construction drawings, calculations, and
- Prepare all required professional documents and reports that are needed to carry out and complete a
- Provide CAD support for all projects as necessary, using AutoCAD and
- Direct interaction with the client, owner, other engineering consultants, and contractors as
- Carry out construction administration responsibilities such as shop drawing review, responding to contractor questions, and site inspections.
- Make employee safety a priority both in-house and on-site, in accordance with corporate
- Other duties as assigned by
- BS in Civil or Architectural Engineering required
- MS in Structural Engineering preferred
- Minimum of five years’ experience as a Structural Engineer in the design of architectural structures.
- Hold a New York State PE license
Knowledge & Abilities:
- Adequate and thorough knowledge on interpreting architectural and engineering
- Good technical writing abilities are
- Knowledgeable about the laws and codes for construction sites to promote compliance and
- Must be able to perform complex tasks, handle multiple priorities, and have the ability to perform exceptionally under high stress conditions.
- Willing to work overtime when required to meet a project or tacks deadline.
- Knowledge of computer operations and standard software packages.
- Strong knowledge of the residential (IRC), commercial (IBC) and existing (IEBC) I- codes.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and or Revit is required.
- Able to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
- Able to walk on sloped roofs.
- Able to work in small spaces (attics, crawl spaces).
Please send your resume to email@example.com for consideration.