Private Owner’s Representative Services
VERTEX provides Owner’s Representation and Program Management services to private and public clients on building projects located throughout the US, Canada, and Mexico. Our Owner’s Representation/Owner’s Project Management and Program Management services have assisted hundreds of municipalities, developers, and public authorities in the properly administrated construction of building projects such as office buildings, hotels, schools, universities, fire stations, police stations, libraries, and town halls. We differentiate ourselves because of our construction, forensic, engineering, environmental, and architectural resources, so we can add value on all phases of a construction project.
- Review and evaluation of the Construction Drawings and Specifications including site improvements, building envelope, structural, mechanical, electrical systems, etc.
- Review of the construction agreements, permits and schedules, and the General Contractor’s budget, Regulatory Information including Zoning Approvals, Survey, Building Permit and Approvals, Utility Company Approval Letters.
- Complete Engineering Analysis and Testing Information including the Soil and Foundation Engineering Report and Flood Plain Map and Building Code Analysis.
- Review contractual agreements including Architectural and Engineering Design Agreements, General Contractor Agreement and Subcontracts, Designer’s Certification of Code and ADA Compliance, Construction and Disbursement Schedules. Evaluate contracts for performance opportunities, penalties, incentives, rights and obligations. Suggest stronger language and/or controls in anticipation of potential problems.
- Review insurance and bond requirements and verification of the costs.
- Review contractor’s other policies and procedures. Suggest options which will increase controls for expenditures, construction cost, and schedule.
- Complete analysis of the Project’s Direct Cost Budget including the construction cost estimate to determine if the budget is reasonable and consistent with the balance of documents provided.
- Monitor Construction activity.
- Review Schedule Status.
- Review Payment Requisition and issue Budget Status Reports at each monthly Requisition.
- Provide Analysis of approved and pending change orders.
- Identify unallowable or duplicate charges, overcharges, and math errors related to the costs of labor and materials.
- Review installed materials and equipment to ensure that the contract documents have been satisfied and that quantities billed match those installed.