Position: Project Manager
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
VERTEX is seeking to hire a Project Manager with experience in Owner’s Representation and/or Construction Management. The individual will be responsible for a wide variety of tasks within VERTEX’s Construction Consulting division, including but not limited to: actively managing projects in both a consultant and a construction role; oversight of construction activities, related project work, and communication with clients.
- Manage all aspects of the Owner’s Project Management / Construction Management role for clients, including:
- Communication with Client
- Prepare contracts and oversee bid packages and procurement processes
- Oversee performance of project including schedule, budget, and change management systems
- Maintain relationships designers, consultants, and contractors
- Attend and lead project meetings
- Review inspection and test data
- Oversee site logistics plan
- Monitor QA/QC procedures and conduct quality inspections.
- Represent VERTEX to its clients in a professional manner.
- Provide project management and review for multiple projects, within budget and client billing
- Make employee safety a priority both in-house and on-site, in accordance with corporate policy.
- Experience as an Owner’s Project Manager / Construction Manager in all phases of the design and construction process –or– 5 to 8 years of on-site construction experience in role of Project Engineer, Project Manager, Quality Control Manager, or similar.
- Versatility to navigate regulatory requirements in a multitude of state and federal programs.
- Knowledgeable about scopes of work, budget development, and scheduling.
- Able to communicate effectively (written and verbal) with co-workers, clients and subcontractors.
- Able to work with minimal oversight.
- Travel and/or field work may be required.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a technical, engineering, or construction-related field (i.e.: Architecture, Construction Management, Civil Engineering, etc.) is preferred, but not required with adequate experience
- Minimum of 5-8 years of experience in construction project management activities directly related to owner’s representation and/or construction management
- Experience as a construction Project Engineer, Project Manager, Quality Control Manager, or similar capacity
- Experience working in Hawaii and Pacific Region preferred
- OSHA-10 or -30 certification preferred. Will be required prior to beginning work activities.
- Licensed Professional Engineer or Registered Architect will receive special consideration
- CDT or CCCA certification will receive special consideration
- Background in construction scheduling or estimating will receive special consideration
Knowledge & Skills
- Must be able to perform complex tasks and handle multiple priorities, and have the ability to perform exceptionally under high stress conditions.
- Knowledge of computer operations and standard software packages (word processing, spreadsheets, scheduling, Adobe) required.
- Comfortable working in varying work atmospheres, from a construction site to a professional board room.
- Ability to walk jobsites, including stairs and scaffolding.
Please send your resume to email@example.com for consideration.