Well known in the environmental consulting industry now for almost two decades, The Vertex Companies, Inc. (VERTEX) has expanded its services into the seafood industry. Mike Carroll joined the VERTEX Team in September 2012 to establish a Fisheries and Aquaculture Division and has achieved a number of exciting accomplishments in the short amount of time he has been with the company.
- The Global Seafood Sustainability Initiative’s Process Expert Working Group.
- Socio-economic study examining the impact of the Deep Water Horizon oil spill on the seafood industry for the U.S. Department of the Interior.
- BackTracker Inc., a VERTEX subsidiary that facilitates and manages technical fishery and supply chain data with proprietary data technology.
- Sustainable Fisheries & Fishery Improvement Projects: Assist in the launch and scalable development of FIP’s. Provide technical services to manage and execute actual improvements on the ground. Provide a large global network of experienced environmental and technical scientist as well as government relations experts anywhere in the world.
- Supply Chain Analysis and Implementation of Systems: VERTEX owns and operates a third-party database platform developed to assist companies to provide traceability data to the marketplace in a way that the company can retain complete control and confidentiality of their sensitive information but also can meet the rigorous demands of large retailer traceability requirements.
Mention in National Geographic: