Decontamination, Decommissioning & Demolition Services
VERTEX has a proven approach to Decontamination, Decommissioning, and Demolition (DDD) projects that has been successfully implemented by our experienced staff and pre-qualified subcontractors. While each project is unique, the following highlights our general project approach for planning and executing these projects.
Data gaps could potentially have a material impact on decommissioning/demolition cost and schedule. Assessment would including:
- Tank contents
- Process equipment contents
- Valuation of scrap steel
- This high-level assessment will help determine impacts to cost and schedule as well as any specialist resources/equipment potentially required. A more detailed assessment may be appropriate during preparation of bid specifications.
- An evaluation of regulated/hazardous materials (e.g., asbestos, mercury, etc.) including whether the available data are sufficient to develop a demolition plan and/or bid specifications.
This identifies the approximate value to the project and the overall impact on decommissioning/demolition cost. Assumptions on scrap value will be based on the local market and transportation logistics.
Step 3. Conduct supplemental hazardous waste survey depending on the outcome of the above mentioned data gap analysis.
Step 4. Develop a high-level decommissioning/demolition execution plan that establishes the major elements of the overall project, including cost and schedule. Inputs to the plan include:
- Permit requirements
- Health and safety requirements
- ACM/Regulated materials abatement
- Tank/Equipment contents removal
- Off-site transportation options and constraints
- Waste disposal options
- Scrap steel and salvage options
- Demolition execution and extent
- Site restoration requirements
Step 6. Execute project in accordance with client delivery requirements:
- Design Bid
- Design Bid Build
- Design Build
To learn more about VERTEX's Decontamination, Decommissioning & Demolition Services or to speak with an Environmental Expert, call 888.295.5162 or submit an inquiry.
We are pleased to accept job assignments at email@example.com.