VERTEX is currently serving as the Owner’s Project Manager for the construction of the new $3.5M Maritime Center located at Plymouth Harbor in Plymouth, MA. When complete, this building will replace the small building that currently houses all Harbormaster operations. It will provide space for four full-time staff members as well as seasonal employees during the summer months. The new location will facilitate greater oversight of the boat ramp, breakwater and aquaculture development zone, and provide public restrooms and transient boating facilities within Plymouth Harbor. This project is currently in the design phase, and tasks have included:
- Consideration of the impacts of the new FEMA flood maps and incorporation of those elevations into the plans and specifications;
- Submission of a Chapter 91 permit with the Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection;
- Subsurface investigations resulting in the installation of helical piers;
- Attendance at numerous public meetings; and
- Additional coordination included Conservation Commission and Planning Board, Chapter 91 permitting, and furniture-fixture-equipment (FFE) procurement.
Rendering image courtesy of Olson Lewis + Architects