VERTEX’s experts utilize a five-step approach to allocating fault to potentially responsible parties in construction claims:
- Identify the construction issue
- Identify the various duties of the parties
- Determine which party or parties are responsible for the issue
- Determine if the issue is latent or patent
- Determine if a follow up contractor improperly covered up patently defective work
Based on methodology VERTEX assigns fault percentages to the various parties. This allocation work is generally used to assist in settlement negotiations.