Start: 1/16/2020: 12:00 pm
End: 1/16/2020: 1:00 pm
Venue: Online Event
The purpose of this presentation is to review and discuss the hierarchy of plans, specifications and other project documents, the role and responsibilities of contractors, owners and designers, and how responsibilities may shift in different contexts. The presenters will explore:
- understanding the design responsibility in various delivery methods;
- how to deal with ambiguities in Plans and Specs;
- the Contractor’s duty to investigate;
- the role of submittals, shop drawings and RFI’s;
- Surety defenses; and
- considerations for a Completing Surety.
CE accredited webinar for adjusters in Florida and Texas; CLE accredited webinar for attorneys in Illinois. VERTEX will provide attorneys with the materials to self-submit for additional states following the webinar.