Venue: VERTEX Weymouth Clubhouse
On January 14th, Compliance Environmental International, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Vertex Companies, Inc., will be presenting Construction in Healthcare Training®.
This one-day (8-hour) training course is designed to present the fundamentals of construction, renovation, and repair work performed within healthcare settings. The objective of this course is to better familiarize construction trade workers and supervisors as well as healthcare staff who may oversee such construction, renovations, or repairs with the multidiscipline requirements unique to a healthcare setting. The course load will include:
- The State of the Healthcare System and Emerging Issues
- A Review of the Healthcare Setting (principals, departments, objectives, and requirements)
- Risk Assessment Practices
- Basic Applications of Infection Control
- Interim Life Safety Measures
- Med Gas Systems Review
- Specific Healthcare Construction Techniques
- Joint Commission Standards Regarding Construction Projects
- Review of the Applicable Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Guidelines Regarding Construction Practices
- Personal Protective Equipment Procedures
- Quality Control and Documentation Protocols
Class presentations include lectures, video presentations, interactive “hands-on” exercises, and resource handouts. A brief multiple-choice examination will be presented at the conclusion of the class, with successful examinees receiving a “Certificate of Achievement.” Classes may be tailored to meet your specific needs.
Who Should Attend?
General & Specialty Contractors, Architects, Engineers, IT Providers, Vendors, Healthcare Facility Personnel
This course has been awarded the following Continuing Education Credits:
- American Board of Industrial Hygienists (ABIH) – 1.34 Safety CM points
- American Council for Accredited Certification (ACAC) – 8 Recertification Credits (RC)