About this Project
This contract provided for construction inspection of steel bridge repairs for 11 bridges in various NYSDOT maintained roadways throughout Nassau County and Suffolk County, NY. The project repaired or replaced specific bridge elements to extend the usable life of the bridges. Work consisted of repairs to steel girders, concrete piers and abutments; diaphragm, bearing, and joint replacements; steel painting; removal and replacement of bridge decks and structural steel connections.
Extensive maintenance and protection of traffic was necessary on both the major and secondary roads throughout construction.
The following bridges were included in this project:
- Horseblock Road over L.I.E. (2 bridges)
- L.I.E. over William Floyd Parkway (2 bridges)
- Route 231 over Sunrise Highway (2 bridges)
- Meadowbrook State Parkway/Westbury Avenue (2 bridges)
- Old Riverhead Road over Sunrise Highway Exit 63 (2 bridges)
- L.I.E. over Route 111 (1 bridge)
Nassau & Suffolk Counties, NY
New York State Department of Transportation
This article was originally published by LOCKWOOD, KESSLER & BARTLETT, INC. (LKB), a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Vertex Companies, LLC since January 2021.