Jeffrey Katz is a professional engineer who has been involved as a consultant or expert on large files across North America, preparing claims and expert reports related to project completion costs, unforeseen conditions, design issues, project delay and schedule impacts, payment and performance bond claims, overpayment, construction defects, and more. In 2018, Mr. Katz was selected as one of Civil + Structural Engineer magazine’s Rising Stars.
In addition to expert work, Mr. Katz has managed the construction of numerous complicated projects throughout the world, including the construction of a $79M U.S. Government facility in Germany; a $27M midrise apartment building in Georgia; the construction of a multi-level post-tension concrete parking structure at Fort Hood, Texas as part of the $600M medical center construction; construction of two $16M service plazas in Ohio; and the completion and closeout of multiple projects throughout the country, including state police facilities, schools/universities, community and public works buildings, high-rise housing developments, luxury condominiums, and more. His primary focus is distressed projects and completion of projects following a default. Mr. Katz also served as Resident Engineer for construction of a ferry terminal on Long Island. Mr. Katz has also provided program management for a global insurance provider, providing constructability reviews and quality control inspections to mitigate construction defects and potential project losses.
- COVID-19 Supply Chain Impacts & Construction Delays
- New York City’s L Train Repairs – Part 3: The Rise of Fiber-Reinforced Polymers
- New York City’s L Train Repairs – Part 2: Construction Projects and Stakeholders
- New York City’s L Train Repairs – Part 1: Recovering from a Natural Disaster
- Measuring the Reasonableness of Completion Costs Post Termination: Part 3
- Measuring the Reasonableness of Completion Costs Post Termination: Part 2
- Measuring the Reasonableness of Completion Costs Post Termination: Part 1
- Best Practices for Documenting Costs in Construction Post-Termination
Leaf Rapids, Manitoba, Canada
Deerfield Beach, FL, USA
Glen Cove, NY, USA
New Springfield, OH, USA
Buffalo, NY, USA