Bill McConnell is a co-founder and CEO of The Vertex Companies, Inc. Bill has a Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering from the University of Maine, a Juris Doctor degree from the University of Denver, a Master of Science degree from Columbia University, and he is working towards his Doctor of Philosophy degree in Civil Engineering from the University of Colorado (anticipated graduation in 2019). Bill also completed a part-time three-year business program at Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Bill has worked in the construction industry for nearly his entire life. He rose through the ranks from a union construction worker during high school and college summers, to a project engineer at a top 50 construction company, to a senior executive at VERTEX. In addition, Bill is a top expert witness for construction disputes as he has testified over 150 times, most notably for cost and/or standard of care opinions. In addition, many construction, engineering, and law organizations have published his articles and reports over the past two decades. As the CEO of VERTEX, Bill sets the strategy for VERTEX’s future.
- Ph.D., Civil Engineering & Construction Management, University of Colorado, Anticipated Graduation 2019
- J.D., Sturm College of Law, University of Denver
- M.S., Civil Engineering, Columbia University
- B.S., Civil Engineering, University of Maine
- Entrepreneurial Masters Program, (Birthing of Giants Program), Massachusetts Institute of Technology/Young Entrepreneur’s Organization
- The State of the Economy – Where Are We Headed?
- What does Higher Inflation, Interest Rates, and the Value of the US Dollar Mean to the Construction Industry Into 2017?
- 2016 State of the Construction & Surety Industry
- Past, Present, and Future Analysis of the Architectural & Engineering Design Industry
- 2015 State of the Construction Industry Report
- 2008 State of the Construction & Surety Industry Report