VERTEX provided consulting services to the surety on all matters relating to a mid-sized general contractor with 12 active projects in various states of completion.
The projects included:
- The ground-up construction of an assisted living rehabilitation center
- Multiple transit station renovations
- Two Department of Defense HVAC renovation projects
- Multiple Department of Defense fire alarm renovation projects
- Demolition of an abandoned apartment complex containing hazardous materials
- Construction of new EV charging stations in a county government parking lot
- Construction of a new mailroom inside a county building warehouse.
VERTEX approached each project individually to assess the best means of mitigating the surety’s risk and fulfilling the surety’s obligations under the performance and payment bonds. VERTEX’s services included initial investigation activities, cost to complete analyses, multiple construction relets, completion contracting on multiple projects, construction management services to closeout smaller projects, full funds control services, various cost and schedule analyses, project monitoring, attendance at weekly meetings, review of payment bond claims, managing sub-contractor work and payments, coordination of project closeout documentation, managing collection of contract funds for the surety, and other miscellaneous construction contract administration and consulting services for the surety.