Comprehensive Risk Evaluation and Dispute Resolution Expertise for Oil & Gas Projects
The oil and gas industry, with an estimated $5 Trillion in global revenue, is a complex sector that plays a crucial role in our economy. It encompasses a wide range of activities, from exploration and production to refining and distribution, and provides energy for transportation, heating, electricity generation, and industrial processes. At VERTEX, we offer a wide range of services that are crucial to the oil and gas industry. In much of our work, we get involved during development or construction of complex upstream, midstream, and downstream oil and gas projects. When disputes arise, we assist our clients through all potential stages of the dispute process.
During construction planning, VERTEX identifies the key drivers of construction project cost overruns, schedule delays, and performance variances to help our oil and gas clients timely and successfully evaluate and manage project risks. At the start of development or construction, we review key contract clauses related to the project costs and schedule and work with our clients to establish best practices to monitor and track contract deliverables. When design changes, added scope, force majeure events, or other issues impact the project, we investigate and document the incremental cost and schedule variances to facilitate timely and equitable resolution of contract adjustments.
When disputes arise, we have also presented our findings in settlement negotiations, mediations, and other alternative dispute resolution proceedings. Our experienced expert witnesses have testified on economic damages and schedule delay issues United States Federal and State courts and in domestic and international arbitration forums such as the American Arbitration Association (AAA) and International Chamber of Commerce (ICC).
Additional Key Areas Where VERTEX Can Add Value
- Exploration and appraisal: Seismic surveys, and other environmental due diligence.
- Field development: Construction project advisory for offshore platforms, pipelines, onshore processing facilities, and transportation infrastructure.
- Pipeline: Planning and construction monitoring as well as project advisory of oil and gas pipelines, including pumping stations and storage facilities.
- Processing facilities: Engineering Design, including but not limited to fire protection and life safety engineering design, as well as construction project advisory of refineries, gas processing plants, and liquefied natural gas (LNG) terminals.
- Marine terminals: Engineering Design and construction project advisory solutions for offshore platforms, docks, and loading facilities for oil and gas tankers.
- Refinery and petrochemical plant design and construction: Fire and life safety Engineering design for complex facilities such as crude oil refineries.
- Engineering design for Chemical plants and construction project oversight and consulting: Engineering of plants for producing fertilizers, plastics, and other petrochemical products.
- Environmental Consulting and remediation for Retail fuel stations/convenience stores as well as industrial properties.