VERTEX’s wholly owned subsidiary, Neptune Fire Protection Engineering LLC, offers a wide range of specialized services to address the requirements of our clients’ fire protection engineering and consulting needs. Our knowledgeable staff of fire protection engineers are experienced in providing fire protection solutions for a variety of client sectors including industrial, oil and gas, commercial, governmental, medical, residential, and many others. Our team is dedicated to providing the most effective, sustainable, and cost efficient solution for every project.
As an independent consulting company, we have no affiliation with equipment and material manufacturers. This allows us to provide our clients with an independent, unbiased approach to each project.
Our services include fire protection and life safety systems design, performance based design, hydraulic analysis, code consulting, audits and surveys, special inspections, hazard identification, third party review, client liaison/negotiation services, and inspection and testing services.
- Firewater Systems Design – design of firewater networks, fire sprinkler and other water based suppression systems, as well as water supply solutions including fire pump and firewater storage tank sizing and specification if necessary.
- Special Hazard Fire Suppression Systems Design – design of clean agent systems, foam systems, and other special hazard systems.
- Fire Alarm and Detection Systems Design – design of fire alarm, mass notification and evacuation, and flame and gas detection systems.
- Performance Based Design – fire protection systems design based on performance where code based systems are impractical.
- Hydraulic Analysis – testing and review of existing system performance to determine the hydraulic capabilities of an existing system.
- Code Consulting – review of applicable building and fire codes to determine specific client requirements or to confirm that existing systems meet code requirements.
- Audits and Surveys – evaluation of existing systems to confirm adequate protection and determine “gaps” (GAP analysis).
- Hazard Identification – properly identifying and understanding hazards to develop cost effective and practical solutions to protect them.
- Third Party Reviews – independent expert review of designs or analyses of complex systems for authorities having jurisdiction or end-users.
- Client Liaison / Negotiation Services – represent client interests with authority having jurisdiction and insurance companies to clarify and interpret specific requirements and design philosophies.
- Inspection and Testing Services – inspection and testing of new and existing water based suppression, special hazard, alarm and detections systems, and special inspections of smoke control systems.
For more information on fire protection and building life safety consulting continue to our Fire Protection and Life Safety Consulting Services page or our Experts or submit an inquiry here.