VERTEX’s San Diego office has been staffed with experienced technical professionals. As one of the leading AEC and forensic consulting companies across the globe, VERTEX provides a range of construction consulting services to private and public clients. With our assistance, you can attain quality standards, prevent costly construction claims and delays, or ensure favorable resolution for complex projects. If you’d like to speak with a VERTEX expert, please contact us today.
San Diego ProjectsAll Projects
Frequently Asked Questions
Building envelope consulting experts are concerned with the technical performance of a building, including everything from the construction materials to the operational systems. They can provide design assistance to architects, general contractors, owners, and property developers, and supply reviews of plans and specifications, shop drawings and submittals to pinpoint possible issues and recommend solutions prior to installation.
By making sure your resources are used optimally and that your building meets the highest standards, VERTEX’s team of residential quality assurance experts in San Diego will help prevent scenarios in which severe defects or mistakes are discovered after the work has already wrapped up.
We achieve this by:
- Ensuring compliance with quality codes, regulations, and requirements.
- Devising comprehensive QA plans necessary for achieving desired results.
- Conducting site inspections and creating accurate constructability analysis.
- Testing material samples to ensure that everything meets quality requirements.
The process of balcony assurance is specifically designed to identify any faults your Exterior Elevated Elements may have and ensure your EEEs comply with California’s Senate Bills 721 and 326.
The key questions our balcony assurance experts in San Diego may ask include:
- Are load-bearing components in good condition?
- Are the associated waterproofing elements in good condition?
- What’s the projected service life and expected future performance of the balcony?
Other safety concerns include:
- Are the railings firm? The railings should never feel “wobbly” or otherwise unable to withstand the weight of multiple adults leaning on them.
- Are there open spaces in the balcony railing assembly? These openings shouldn’t be wider than 4 inches.
- Are balcony railings high enough? They should be at least 44 inches in height.
- Is the floor drain free of debris? A clogged floor drain on the balcony can result in water damage.
- Is the pitch in good condition? Balconies that don’t have drains usually have pitches that prevent water from pooling on the floor. If there’s water buildup, the pitch should be repaired.
- Are the glass panels cracked or otherwise damaged? Any glass panels the balcony may contain should be in excellent condition.
- Does the balcony have child-proof locks? These are necessary to prevent children from going to the balcony unsupervised.
- Is there an electrical outlet on the balcony? If the answer is yes, the outlet should be checked to confirm that it is a GFCI type outlet.
- What’s the masonry like? Is the masonry that belongs to the balcony floor area (or the balcony directly above) damaged, deteriorated, or spalling? If so, it should be fixed as soon as possible.
- Are there signs of rust or corrosion? Any rust stains on the railings or the balcony floor are a cause for concern.
The construction industry is notorious for its low productivity and profit margins, and its high degree of risk and volume of work. By engaging in annual or bi-annual market research, companies in San Diego can offset risks and ensure profitability by identifying new opportunities, customer needs, and potential issues they may be able to avoid or address.
Some of the key benefits of market research include the following:
- It supports planning and budgetings.
- It eliminates guesswork from the decision-making process.
- It brings increased customer profitability.
- It helps maximize profit through pricing insights.
- It enables competitive insights to help deter competitors.
Expert witness services have long been essential in the resolution of construction disputes. By providing a specialist opinion, expert witnesses can aid understanding and interpretation of the facts of the dispute, help determine culpability, and inform the trier of fact on construction law issues such as construction costs, codes and compliance, defects, and delays.
Since the testimony of an expert witness is impartial and expertise-based, it can often be instrumental in resolving complex disputes and keeping them from further hindering the project.
Construction claims consulting experts provide advice on how contracts can be set up and managed to prevent disputes. They can also advise their clients in San Diego and other California cities on how to effectively deal with claims when they inevitably do occur.
Specific issues they can help you with include:
- Best practice review and drafting of contracts
- Quantum evaluation
- Claims avoidance
- Forensic delay analysis
- Claims management
- Claims defense
- Expert witness services
- Adjudication and arbitration
- Claims drafting
- Dispute management and resolution
- Commercial settlement strategies and negotiations
It depends. At VERTEX, we calculate our fees based on multiple factors. These include the scope and complexity of the case, whether it includes fire alarm system forensic analysis, whether expert witness services are needed in the resulting fire loss claim, and more. For more information, reach out to us and consult with our fire loss experts in San Diego directly.
As a fast-growing, value-driven AEC company, VERTEX provides public and private clients with a comprehensive range of construction consulting and forensic analysis services in California and other regions across the U.S., Canada, and Mexico.
We work alongside highly prestigious law firms, TPAs, developers, sureties, HOAs, insurance carriers, and contractors in the world. Our team possesses the training and the real-world experience necessary to supply you with crucial engineering design, construction, and environmental expertise. To learn more about our firm and the key role we can play in your project, call our San Diego office or submit an inquiry today.