Amy Littler has over 20 years of professional experience in the environmental consulting industry and previously worked in the investment management field. She currently serves as a Senior Project Manager at VERTEX and is responsible for loss control assignments, environmental claim investigations, and environmental claim management. Her responsibilities and expertise include investigating pollution liability incidents and managing environmental insurance claims throughout the United States. She also evaluates environmental risks for insurance carriers for loss control purposes and provides litigation support. Environmental claim investigation, claim management, and loss control assignments include:
- Chlorinated Solvent Sites – investigate, manage claims, and/or review risks associated with former dry cleaning operations / chlorinated solvent impacts. Determine cause and origin of release, assess third-party issues, review costs, and review risks for loss control.
- Former Naval Base – investigate and manage numerous claims related to abandoned fuel oil pipelines, lead dust, PCBs, storm drain sediment, building demolition, abrasive blast material, and underground storage tanks.
- Superfund Site – investigate and manage multiple claims associated with radiation, arsenic and lead impacts at a former smelting and refining facility that was identified as an EPA National Priority List – Superfund Site.
- Oil / Gas Production – investigate and manage claims associated with natural gas fracking and crude oil reclamation facilities.
- Manufacturing / Industrial – review risks associated with manufacturing / industrial facilities for loss control. Risks included chlorinated solvent impacts, petroleum storage tanks, chemical storage/distribution, paper manufacturing, pigment/color manufacturing, pharmaceutical operations, and food manufacturing.
- Mining – review risks associated with coal, silver, and gold mining operations for loss control and environmental due diligence.
Ms. Littler has managed projects including those related to soil and groundwater contamination investigations and remediation, tank removals, environmental site assessments, property condition assessments, and regulatory reporting and submittals. Her responsibilities have included client communication and support, report review and quality control, proposal preparation, and timeline and budget management.
Education & Certification
B.A., Geology, Ohio Wesleyan University